The H.P. Nurses Registration Council came in force from 30-7-1973 onwards. Before this period the trained nurses of the State were registered with Punjab Nurses Registration Council. This Council started registering the trained nurses from 30-7-1973 but Act came into force from 1977. The Act was amended thrice, i.e. on 29th May 1978, 16th June 1998 and in 2002.
It came under the Chairpersonship of Director Medical Education in year 2002 vide H.P. Legislative Assembly Bill No.10 of 2002. This council along with registration of the nursing personnel’s,(They are GNM, ANM or MPW (F) or F.H.W and Female Health Supervisor (F.H.S) ) and it is examining body of these training courses.
FUNCTIONS/OBJECTIVES OF H.P. NURSES REGISTRATION COUNCIL:-
Action Plan for the H.P. State Nurses Registration Council:-
The main activities of the HPNRC are as follows:-
- To maintain registers of Diploma holder nurses, graduate nurses, ANM’s Midwives, Health Visitors, Multi-purpose Workers (F).
- Preparation of live registers for each category of nursing personnel.
- Renewal of registration once in every 5years.
- Recognize and periodical inspectors of the schools of nursing schools and colleges in the state of H.P.
- To conduct the examination for Diploma course and to prepare a time schedule for written and practical examination, to issue certificates after successful completion of the examination.
- Prescribe rules of conduct and disciplinary action against nursing schools/colleges in the state.
- To maintain uniform standards of nursing education in the state.
- Council plays an important role in the implementation of quality of nursing education, various refresher courses, continuing education, in-service workshop for nurses.
- Implementation of internet and computerization of date and regular linkage with INC.
- To conduct CMI programmes/refresher courses for updating the knowledge of nurses.